4.20.2012

{loving} instagram and instaprint

My cousins and I recently "discovered" instagram...or should I say, we've finally succumbed to the popular app. I know, I know...it's been around for some time now. Before you judge me, you should understand that I've been using an old phone for the past 5 or so years (still am actually, since the iPhone my sister passed on to me is busted) so I couldn't access the app sooner. It was only when I got hold of an iPad that I was able to appreciate instagram's simplistic approach to documenting moments and what-nots. Imagine, you get stylized photos without having to resort to photoshop...how cool is that?! 

I guess I should get the iPhone fixed so I can start taking photos with instagram. (*DISCLAIMER: I do not go around taking photos with the iPad. I still think people who do that just look silly!) For now, I'm happy with just viewing my cousins' and friends' photos. But it got me thinking...Can you print the photos you take with instagram? 

Turns out, you can! I found this thing called Instaprint which was developed by a group that calls themselves Breakfast. What I love about it is that it prints your photos wirelessly, it doesn't require ink, and the box/printer itself simply looks good! 

(source)

Unfortunately, Instaprint is not yet available. Breakfast is still in the process of turning this prototype into a diy kit that you could get for about $400...and they need our help. They've posted this product on Kickstarter and they are looking for backers to help get this project going. So if like me, you are loving this concept, please pledge what you can and help them raise the funds needed... 'cause I really want this on my wall! (C'mon, you know you want it too!)

Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...